At Adulting on the Spectrum, we are dedicated to supporting individuals with autism on their journey toward greater independence at school, in the community, and at home. We provide interactive and practical resources that help teens and adults with autism become more self-reliant. We offer step-by-step life skills activities, free life skills video tutorials, and informative blog posts tailored to parents and caregivers. Adulting on the Spectrum is your go-to site for practical and impactful tools that cover essential life skills.
Featured Life Skills Videos
Life Skills Video Tutorials: Our library of life skills videos is a valuable resource for individuals on the autism spectrum. These videos bring real-world experiences to life with age-appropriate graphics, making them an excellent fit for special education settings.
Featured Life Skills Life Skills Activities
Interactive Life Skills Activities: Our carefully crafted activities are designed for teens and adults with autism and are ideal for life skills teachers, special education high school classrooms, adult autism life skill centers, individual therapy sessions (including ABA and speech therapy), and parents. These activities are written in clear and simple language, with questions and answers to reinforce learning and measure progress.
Recent Blog Posts
Children with autism often face challenges in developing independent living skills, and the journey toward autonomy can be a unique and intricate process. Individuals with...
Financial life skills are crucial for autistic adults to achieve independence. While some excel in their careers, others need help managing finances. Life Skills for...
Natural disasters, such as hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes, and floods, can strike unexpectedly and disrupt lives. For parents of teenagers or adults with autism or related...
Who Can Benefit from Adulting on the Spectrum Life Skills Resources?
- Teens and Adults with Autism: Empower yourself or your loved ones with the essential life skills needed for greater independence and self-sufficiency.
- Life Skills Teachers: Enhance your teaching with our user-friendly activities that promote skill development. Incorporate our resources into your curriculum to create an enriching learning experience.
- Adult Autism Life Skill Centers: Our materials are tailored to meet the unique needs of adults on the autism spectrum, making them a valuable addition to any life skills program.
- Therapists: Whether you’re an ABA or speech therapist, our resources can be adapted to provide personalized support and growth.
- Parents and Caregivers: Access our resources to support and empower your loved ones with autism on their journey toward independence.